If you played a lot of Pokemon ROM hacks, you’ve probably heard of the Kaizo games. The games are so difficult and unfair that they made Kaizo its own difficulty, which is above the hardest ones. Pokemon Run & Bun is utilizing the Kaizo difficulty to make this hack of Emerald.
If you’re interested to know more about the hack Emerald Kaizo, then click here for more.
The file is a BPS file and not the usual UPS or IPS. That’s not an issue because we have a guide on how you can patch these types of files if you head over here. Simply use an Emerald ROM apparently, there aren’t any required types of Emerald ROMs, so use the one that you have.
Other Topics You Might Like
- How to Find Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
- Pokemon Radical Red
- 15 Best Ice-type Pokemon From All Generations
- Pokemon Emerald Crest
Pokemon Run & Bun Details and More
The story is the same as Emerald’s. Not much has been changed, so you can proceed with Run & Bun the same way you would proceed with Emerald’s original story.
The first thing is that the difficulty is very hard. It is close to unfair with enemy Trainers have access to strong Pokemon that you don’t have access to yet. There are some people saying that this hack is too hard, but there are those out there that love the masochistic challenge.
The roster and mechanics go all the way up to Gen 8. There are also field effects that will affect the battles that you encounter. EVs have also been removed, and there is an NPC near the PC that will Teach Moves, Max IVs, and change Natures for a fee.
Pokemon Run & Bun Information
Pokemon Run & Bun
Game Base: Emerald
- Roster goes up to Gen 8
- Several mechanics updated up to Gen 8
- Game is very hard (Kaizo Difficulty)
- Mega Evolution
- NPC at every PC that teaches Moves, Max IV stats, and Change Nature for a price
- Some parts of the map have been modified
- Field Effects present
- No need to teach HMs
- Turn on or off Random Encounters
- Endless Candy Item (Unlimited Rare Candy)
- Roaming Legendary and Mythical Pokemon
- No EVs available
Pokemon Run & Bun Download
- PRET: pokeemerald
- Dizzy Egg and RHH: Battle Engine, Pokémon Expansion, Item Expansion
- Contributors to the Simple Modifications thread: various small changes
- Ghoulslash: fast surf, medicine reuse, plural giveitem, and much more
- AsparagusEduardo: more bag pockets