Every Pokemon player wants to have their own Shiny. It can be tough, and unless you hack or use cheats, getting a Shiny takes a lot of time and patience.
The new game Pokemon Legends: Arceus also has its share of Shiny Pokemon for players to catch. You’re probably wondering how to find Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
Don’t worry; we’re here to help you with that. While it isn’t always 100%, you can have a high chance of encountering and catching Shiny Pokemon in this game. You have to follow some of our tips, and you’ll be getting those Shiny Pokemon in no time.
Tips on How to find Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
The Shiny Charm
The Shiny Charm is something that can help you find Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. This item first appeared in Gen 5, and it pretty much increases your chance of encountering a Shiny Pokemon. This is something that you would want, but it can be tricky to obtain.
How to get the Shiny Charm
- Complete your Pokedex
- Each Pokedex entry should be on Research Level 10 (Increase it by catching more of the same Pokemon and observing what they do in battle, and more)
- Once numbers 1 and 2 are done, go to the Galaxy Hall and talk to Professor Laventon to get the Shiny Charm
If you feel that getting the Shiny Charm is a chore, then it is. However, Shiny Hunting is often done after the game of any Pokemon game but if the opportunity presents itself, then go hunt the Shiny down even if you don’t have the Shiny Charm yet.
The Mass Outbreak
The Mass Outbreak is an interesting mechanic in the game, but it’s a perfect way to get Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Basically, this mechanic will notify players that there is a MASS… OUTBREAK of Pokemon in a specific area. What this means is that a lot of the same Pokemon will spawn in that area. Let’s say that there are 10 Kricketots in an area, and one of them could be a Shiny.
Before you get excited, that’s not always the case. There might not be a Shiny among those Kricketots. That’s where you come in; you have to catch those Kricketots. Whenever a Pokemon in a Mass Outbreak is caught, it will continue to spawn until the Outbreak ends. Basically, catch one Kricketot, and another one will take its place. Then again, if you’re too fast at catching them, they won’t respawn that fast.
The number of Pokemon in a Mass Outbreak will also vary. It could be 10 Kricketots or just 6, so it is random. However, there won’t be less than 4 of them during any Outbreak. There could even be multiple Outbreaks at the same time, so luckily, you can check what Pokemon are available where the Outbreak is happening, so you can choose where to go. Once the Mass Outbreak ends, you’ll just have to wait until the next one happens.
Tips and Tricks to Catch a Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
These are now specific tips and tricks that you can use when you go Shiny hunting now that you have an idea of how the Mass Outbreak works.
- Always bring a lot of Poke Balls before you head out since you’ll be catching a ton of Pokemon until the Shiny ones show up.
- Get the Shiny Charm
- If a Pokemon in your Pokedex has Research Level 10, it also increases the chance of catching a Shiny variation of that Pokemon. (Keep in mind getting a Shiny Charm will require Research Level 10, so it works out)
- You don’t actually need to catch the Pokemon to force a respawn. You can knock out the Pokemon, and one will respawn. This is ideal if you don’t have enough Poke Balls.
- Be sure to keep 4 Pokemon around because there are cases where the Mass Outbreak will end if there are less than 4 of them. Just let them respawn instead of catching or knocking them out, reducing the number of Pokemon below 4.
- Pay attention to the Pokemon’s behavior as well. It is ideal for hiding when you’re dealing with Pokemon that often flees.
- Aggressive Pokemon are also harder to catch, so be mindful of that with the number of Poke Balls you have.
Now that you have an idea of how to find Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, what are you waiting for? There is still a level of chance and time consumption when you go Shiny hunting. That’s just the nature of the game, but one could say that it is easier than doing thousands of resets on your Switch.
If you really want to get a Shiny in this game, then you need to invest a lot of time. Get the Shiny Charm and wait for those Mass Outbreaks to happen, and you’ll get your Shiny in no time. One other thing is that some Shiny Pokemon are locked at the moment, so there’s also that.
How do you get pokemon legends arceus
I bought it directly from the Nintendo store using my Switch.