Pokemon Crystal is definitely one of the best games in the series and is also one of the most loved games by fans. It surpasses Gold and Silver, and people can’t get enough of it. That’s why multiple hacks have relied on using Crystal as its base. This GBC ROM hack Pokemon Perfect Crystal is an attempt to make a near-perfect version of Crystal.
There’s no denying that Pokemon Crystal had its share of glitches and problems. None of those made the game bad, but it’s been over 20 years, and people are making slightly better versions of the game, and Perfect Crystal is no different as we take a look.
Other GBC ROM Hacks
Pokemon Perfect Crystal Details and More
The story is pretty much the same as Pokemon Crystal. If you’ve already played the game, then you know what to do and what happens next.
One of the best features in this game is that you can catch all 251 Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon. This was something that you could never do in the original game, but the creator made it possible by allowing certain Pokemon to spawn in some areas. Pokemon that evolve through trading can now evolve using the right Stone. Just like using a Moon Stone on Haunter to evolve it into Gengar and different Stones can be used for the other Pokemon.
Certain events for several Legendary and Mythical Pokemon can be triggered. This goes back to where you can catch all 251 Pokemon, including Celebi. The creator also made sure to fix many of those bugs in the original Crystal, like Kurt’s Balls and more.
Pokemon Perfect Crystal Information
Pokemon Perfect Crystal
Game Base: Crystal
- All 251 Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon can be obtained
- Previously unattainable Pokemon will spawn in specific areas.
- Legendary and Mythical Pokemon events are available
- Use specific Evolution Stones on Pokemon that evolve through trade to evolve them
- Can Rematch Gym Leaders
- Unlimited use of TM
- Certain game sprites have been changed to mimic their Japanese versions
- Fixed several bugs and glitches
Pokemon Perfect Crystal Download
- The great work of the Pokemon Crystal Disassembly Project.
- Crystal__ and Rangi For helping me work out how to delete the extra chances the AI has to miss on status moves.
- Maniac379’s Pokemon White Crystal provided the code for Cerulean Cave and the Original Japanese sprites.