There have been many FireRed-based ROM hacks where that utilized FireRed’s elements and story. This one called Pokemon FireRed Extended Version, takes it to a whole new level. It adds a lot of things to the Gen 1 or Kanto storyline and more.
Here is a list of FireRed-based ROM hacks that you might want to check out as well.
There have been a lot of things added, such as more story content and the Pokemon roster going up to Gen 8. This hack really requires a lot of time, effort, and investment.
If you like Mega Evolution in your hacks, here’s a list to check out.
Other ROM Hacks to Check Out
Pokemon FireRed Extended Version Details and More
The story is the same as the Gen 1 games, but there might be some noticeable differences.
Plus, once you beat the game, that’s where the rich and abundant post-game content comes into play.
The Pokemon roster in this hack goes all the way up to Gen 8. When picking your starter, you can choose from all the available Starters.
The Pokemon encounters are also from multiple Generations making your playthrough a bit more interesting.
There’s also an interesting feature called the DM or Dynamic Machine that teaches Pokemon different Moves. The map layout has also been altered, so you might explore more.
Pokemon FireRed Extended Version Information
Pokemon FireRed Extended Version
Game Base: FireRed
- Pokemon roster goes up to Gen 8
- Altered graphics, sprites, fonts, and other visual aesthetics
- Dynamic Machines teach Pokemon Moves
- NPC can change a Pokemon’s Nature
- Choose from three difficulties at the start
- Map layout has been changed
- Fossil Resurrection System
- IV can be visibly seen
Download Pokemon FireRed Extended Version (v3.4.9)
MrDollSteak and Leon for creating this base.
– Darkside(⌐■-■)#5304 for creating the logo of my game!
– Lu-Ho (A-map tool v1.92).
– Haven1433 (Hex Maniac Tool).
– Kurapika (G3T).
– XSE tool.
– BluRose for threads and helping me to solve things.
– Esperance’s Cry editor.
– Other tools used: (NSE, PGE, Thumb Assembler & Disassembler, UPS Patcher, etc…)
– Spherical Ice’s Dive ASM Routine, and other contributions to the pokécommunity.
– Aveontrainer’s battle backgrounds and tilesets.
– kWharever, WesleyFG, and princess phoenix for the most perfect battle backgrounds!!!
– Kalarie for amazing Overworld Sprites.
– Chaos Rush & MrDollSteak for pokemon sprite thread (DS Style)
– KDS and kearnseyboy6 for some custom evolution methods.
– Zeak6464 1st to 6th gen icon’s pack.
– Anthroyd’s discord server and XSE tutorials.
– thedarkdragon11 for 7th and 8th Pokemon sprites’ resource.
– DoesntKnowHowToPlay for P/S/S Routine.
– Zeturic for Hall of Fame, Evolution move learn routines/C-Injections and other contributions to the pokécommunity.
– Darthatron’s BW repel system.
– daniilS for poison survival routine.
– Blackuser to the HP Bar vanishes from move animation and Anger Point.
– Some discord friends played the pre-release version before posting here.
– To you, for playing my project.😉
PS: If I forgot to give credits to someone, please, reply to me here or inbox.