Pokemon games have their specific Generations until the game is beaten and some of those older Pokemon are made available. That’s the case for FireRed and LeafGreen where they start off with Gen 1 Pokemon but can later catch Gen 2 and 3 once you’ve completed the main game. That’s where Pokemon Kanto Black comes in.
Kanto Black is a hack of FireRed but instead of having Gen 1 Pokemon as your roster, you get the Gen 5 ones. That’s right, the Pokemon present in the game at least at the start is from Pokemon Black (and White) or Gen 5 to be more specific. It gives you a fun approach for replaying Pokemon FireRed all over again.
Other Pokemon ROM Hacks
Pokemon Kanto Black Details and More
It is basically FireRed (and LeafGreen) that you’ll be playing. This means the story is the same and not much has changed. You’ll be in Kanto but have access to Gen 5 Pokemon and more later on as you continue the story.
While it is FR and LG, the Pokemon popping up will be from Gen 5. Instead of the Gen 1 Starters, you’ll be picking from Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig. That goes the same for the encounters in the different areas in the game. However, the characters, trainers, and Gym Leaders are the same. They just have a different roster of Pokemon and are from Gen 5.
This is also a mild spoiler but once you beat Lt. Surge, you can access the Sevii Islands early. You can catch Gen 6 Pokemon here to add to your arsenal of Pokemon. There are also several mini-games and Battle Facilities available in the game for you to explore.
Pokemon Kanto Black Information
Pokemon Kanto Black
Creator: Mystery Man
Game Base: FireRed
- Initial Pokemon available are Gen 5 (later Gen 6)
- Updated Moves and Abilities
- Multiple Move Tutors have been placed which is more than the TM list
- Sevii Islands are accessible
- Physical/Special split
- New and updated items
- A working VS Seeker
- Battle Facilities available
- Several mini games in placed
Download Pokemon Kanto Black
• A world of only 5th and 6th generation Pokemon, the only exception being Eevee. The 5th generation Pokemon are all in Kanto while the 6th generation Pokemon are all in the Sevii islands.
• Many, many move tutor moves. There are probably more move tutor moves than TMs in this hack. They’re intended to open up more strategies.
• Difficulty rating system. What it does is rate your difficulty according to the settings you have picked. The settings you can toggle are: bosses with EVs and boss strategy levels. For now, it only encompasses bosses, but it is intended to be more expansive in the future.
• In addition to the physical/special split, new generation moves, abilities, and battle items.
• Sevii Islands! This time, you could visit them after defeating Lt. Surge! They contain the 6th generation Pokemon.
• Battle facilities! I’ll just say this: talk to the guy with black and white hair in Celadon Mansion. The other battle facilitity you’ll find by unlocking Seven Island.
• Mini-games. Go to the Two Island Game Corner to play them. Later on, you’ll be able to use them to EV train quickly.
• Working VS Seeker. This time, it charges instantly, so no need to take 100 steps for each battle.
• More, of course. You’ll need to play through the hack to discover everything it has to offer.