Cut (HM01) is a normal type move appeared first in Generation I to Generation VI. In Generation, I to III Cut is used to removing obstacles such as trees that block your way. Cut is a very useful move that can be also obtained through cheats or finding the item on its locations.
Regarding learnset, Kartana is the only Pokemon that can learn cut by leveling up while most Pokemon can have cut by HM. Kartana is found only in Generation VII.
Now, what Pokemon can learn cut? There are plenty of Pokemon who can able to learn cut; here are they.
List of Pokemon Who Can Learn Cut
IMPORTANT: Generation 7 Pokemon can only learn Cut move when taught from the previous generations and then transferred to Pokemon Sun and Moon.
Cut (HM01) Locations
- (Gen. I) Pokemon Red & Blue/Yellow – S.S. Anne
- (Gen. II) Pokemon Gold & Silver/Crystal – Ilex Forest
- (Gen. III) Pokemon Red&Sapphire/Emerald- Rustboro City
- (Gen. III) Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen – S.S. Anne
- (Gen. IV) Diamond & Pearl/Platinum – Eterna City
- (Gen. IV) HeartGold and SoulSilver- Ilex Forest
- (Gen. V) Black & White – Striaton City
- (Gen. V) Black 2 & White 2 – Virbank City
- (Gen. VI) Pokemon X & Y – Parfum Palace
- (Gen. VI) Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire – Rustboro City
The HM Cut is a must move for every Pokemon player, and it brings an enormous help not only in cutting down blocking trees but also during in a battle. Plenty of Pokemon can learn cut and not just the grass type Pokemon.
If you believe I miss an important information in this post, please let me know by posting your message in the comment box below.