Pokemon Neon Blue is a ROM hack that was made a couple of years ago. The game looks alright, but it recently had updates in a couple of months. There are new features that we will get into later. This is a ROM hack of FireRed with an original story and interesting features to keep you company throughout the game.
Just as always, if you get a ROM that isn’t in GBA format, you can easily convert it. This ROM hack is still fun despite the aesthetics a bit being dated. If nothing else, this ROM hack is complete and it functions well enough with potential minor glitches that won’t harm your gaming experience. The ROM included here is the 2.5X version which is the updated one whereas the older version is 2.5E.
Other ROM Hacks you can check
Pokemon Neon Blue Details and More
The story is your typical Pokemon game. Your character resides in the town of Eon and it is your first day to venture out into the world and encounter a multitude of Pokemon and do the usual things in the process. Despite being a hack of FireRed, you can encounter characters from games such as Ruby, Emerald, and Sapphire when you venture into this world.
The game has altered sprites, making it a bit different from most games from the GBA. It doesn’t look like any of the DS games, but that’s not a bad thing. You could say the sprites are distinct giving it its distinct look. The game also has its own list of unique musical tracks. There’s a lot of content after you beat the main game such as fighting 19 more strong trainers to test your mettle.
Pokemon Neon Blue Information
Pokemon Neon Blue
Game Base: FireRed
- Pokemon roster consists of Gen 1 to 3
- Several Legendary Pokemon are included
- Physical and Special split
- Black and White Repel system
- Running indoors
- Nature colored stats
- Poison outside of battle doesn’t kill Pokemon
- Wild Pokemon double battles
Pokemon Neon Blue Download
- Of course, GameFreak and Nintendo for making the games in the first place
- Well, me, as every modification in this rom was made by me, although, I used tools from various sources that have immensely helped me while making this rom hack, and all credits go to the authors of said tools.
- Tools & resources used:
– Advance Map
– Sappy & Mid2Agb
– Nameless sprite editor
– Hopeless trainer editor
– Unlz Gba
– XSE script editor
– Intro text editor
– ASM compiler
– Iv stat display screen on the summary menu
– Opponent party generation ASM
– Whiteout routine ASM
– Complete item editor
– Advanced palette editor
– Pokemon intro cry editor
– Nameless tilemap editor
– (Hopefully all credits have been covered)
– DS 64×64 sprite resource
– Doesntknowhowtohack – IV stat display
– G3HS for sprite position and sprite alterations
– Advanced pokemon sprite editor (for almost all new sprites inserted)
– Delta’s NSE bookmarks – mainly for editing pokemon sprites in credits
– Lunar IPS – for creating the patch file
– TL’s Quick Enhancer – for wild double battles, PSS, nature colored stats, BW repel system, running indoors, exp gain with a pokemon catch.