Pokemon Emerald Enhanced is a ROM hack of the original Emerald. In terms of story, it is pretty much the same Emerald. Nothing has been changed in terms of how you progress the story and more. The hack itself prides on how it alters Emerald to a more interesting game at least to a certain degree.
There are over 600 Pokemon for you to catch and train. The game also scales its trainers and battles to make things interesting. Even at the start of the game, you can choose the difficulty or mode that you want to play the game in. Right off the bat, you can decide to play hard or just take it easy, and considering it has a New Game+, you can pump in some good hours in this game.
Details on Pokemon Emerald Enhanced
Much like Emerald, Emerald Enhanced has the same story. If you already know what to do and where to go next, you won’t be lost. The game has altered some dialogue but it doesn’t change the overall story and what you need to do.
At the beginning of the game, after you’ve chosen your character, you can select your difficulty. The choice cannot be undone until you start a new game so think twice. The game also lets you choose from 7 Starter Pokemon which should be fun. Moves, stats, and types have been changed and updated depending on the Pokemon. One thing is that you also don’t need Badges to use HMs outside of battle.
Pokemon Emerald Enhance Game Information
Pokemon Emerald Enhance
Game Base: Emerald
- Choose from 7 Starter Pokemon
- Over 600+ Pokemon to catch
- Choose from 6 Difficulty settings (Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardcore, Frontier, and Nuzlocke)
- Trainers and Wild Encounters will scale with your average level
- Follower system in place
- Physical and Special split
- New Game+ is available
- Chance to encounter a Boss Pokemon (1 in 256 chance)
- Movesets and stats have been updated
- Can use HMs outside of battle without the need for Badges