It’s been a while since we covered a GBC ROM hack, so we’re tackling Pokemon Pyrite. This game is a hack of Pokemon Crystal, and the visuals are pretty much the same. This hack gives you a nice and different feel when you play Generation II. The story is the same, but the game is a bit harder than the original games.
There are a lot of other features that are included in this hack. We’ll tackle them so that you can have an idea of what the game has to offer. Even if this is a GBC ROM hack, it can work on any GBA emulator, but you probably already know that. You might want to use cheats on this game, and so checking out Pokemon Crystal cheats can be a good decision.
Pokemon Pyrite Details and More
The story is the same as Pokemon Crystal which is the third game in the Gen 2 series. It is different from Gold and Silver, but if you’ve played the game, you have an idea of what goes on or what you would think.
Other GBC ROM Hacks To Check
The increased difficulty is one of the features that may interest you in Pokemon Pyrite. It isn’t impossible, but if you’ve played any of the Gen 2 games, this hack offers a little more challenge than you would think. There are also a hundred new Trainers added to this hack. These Trainers have been given handpicked teams of Pokemon and their own move sets.
The other features from Gen 2 are still there, and don’t forget about updated stats, items, and types. There are also modified locations, as well as newly added ones.
Pokemon Pyrite Information
Game Base: Crystal
- Increased difficulty
- A hundred new Trainers have been added
- Updated and balanced items, stats, growth, and more
- New and modified locations have been added
- Original Gen 2 and new Events are included
Pokemon Pyrite Download
- The community of Skeetendo for opening me up to the world of Pokemon hacking.
- Everyone that helped me when I was stuck or needed advice. I’d especially like to thank Miksy91 and Comet for their help.
- Tauwasser, for his amazing G/S Scripting Compendium that basically taught me how to script.
- Everybody that contributed to the Disassembly of Pokemon Crystal. Without it, I wouldn’t have been able to do half what I’ve done.
- Last but not least, everybody that supported the hack and encouraged me to keep working on it, notably LC.Drake.