Activating Pokemon cheats using Gameshark code is a bit tricky. Some of our readers complain that our listed Gameshark codes don’t work, and some said that a cheat does work, but some aren’t.
What could be the main reasons for this?
In my almost four years of experience in playing different Pokemon game titles using emulators there several reasons why a cheat with Gameshark codes do not work and the following are;
How To Fix When a Gameshark Code Cheat Do Not Work
- You forgot to enter and activate the master codes first – Solution: Read this guide
- The cheat isn’t compatible with your Pokemon game title (Ex. the cheat is for Leaf Green, and you are using Fire Red) – Solution: Double check your Pokemon game title
- The cheat is not compatible with your Pokemon game title version – solution: Download recommended ROM version
- Your emulator do not support Gameshark codes and other cheat – Solution: Use our recommended emulators
- You entered the cheat code in a wrong format (some emulator such as open emu requires “+” to be entered to separate a line of code) – Solution: Read FAQ’s, Instructions and Help articles regarding your emulator
Sometimes its frustrating if you can’t activate a cheat in your Pokemon game, no worries the above information can help you.
Just in case the solution above doesn’t work, feel free to reach me by sending your comment below and I will do my best to help you as humanely as possible.